Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- See also: Holidays and festivals
Absalom Reckoning or AR is the most commonly used calendar in Avistan and Garund, and possibly in all of Golarion. In Absalom Reckoning the day of the month is always listed first, followed by the month and the year and generally followed by the letters AR. It takes its beginning from the date of the founding of Absalom, which occurred on 1 Abadius, 1 AR. According to the calendar, each day on Golarion has 24 hours, each week has seven days, and 52 weeks make a year. A year is also divided into twelve months, although once every eight years an extra day is added to make up for the slight variance in the planet's orbit around the sun. This leap day is generally added to the end of Calistril . The last leap year was 4704 AR, so the next one will be 4712 AR.
Days of the weekEdit
Although most days of the week are assigned for work, a few have other meanings as well.
- Moonday: Generally a work day with some religions holding ceremonies at night.
- Toilday: A work day.
- Wealday: A work day.
- Oathday: A work day on which it is often considered advantageous to sign contracts and oaths.
- Fireday: A work day that is most often the market day.
- Starday: A work day.
- Sunday: Generally a day of rest and one devoted to religious observances.
Months of the yearEdit
As stated above, each year is broken down into twelve months which correspond to a particular deity.
- Abadius: This is the first month of the year and is named in honor of the god Abadar.
- Calistril: A late winter month, it takes its name from the goddess of revenge Calistria.
- Pharast: This month takes its name from the goddess Pharasma.
- Gozran: This stormy month is named for the god of the wind Gozreh.
- Desnus: The milder month of Desnus gets its name from the goddess Desna.
- Sarenith: Naturally the goddess Sarenrae gives its name to this sun-blessed month.
- Erastus: This month is named in honor of god of the hunt Erastil.
- Arodus: Although he is no longer widely worshiped, the summer month is named for the Last Azlanti, Aroden.
- Rova: The beginning of cold and autumn is named after the violent god Rovagug.
- Lamashan: The goddess of monsters, Lamashtu gives this month its name.
- Neth: The two-faced god of magic, Nethys is honored with this month.
- Kuthona: The shortest day of the year comes during the month dedicated to the god of darkness, Zon-Kuthon.