The Aspodell Mountains form the western border between Andoran and its rival Cheliax. Unlike the Five Kings Mountains north of Andoran, the Aspodells are not a particularly tall range, but their highest peaks are known to reach above 9,000 feet. The mountains' rugged slopes form a substantial border between Andoran and Cheliax, with only one easy pass, the Aspodell Pass overlooked by the walled town of Piren's Bluff. Apart from this pass, the rest of the mountains are not seen as particularly important by either nation as they are lightly inhabited, monster-infested, and not known to hold significant mineral wealth.
Places of InterestEdit
- Piren's Bluff
- Full article: Piren's Bluff
This strategically-located town overlooks Aspodell Pass, the only pass through the Aspodell Mountains. Currently held by Andoran, rumors suggest that local dignitaries wish closer ties with Cheliax. The local baron has even ordered construction of a temple to Asmodeus within his small demesne's walls.
- Candlestone Caverns
- Full article: Candlestone Caverns
Infested with kobolds, gremlins, and other hazards, the Candlestone Caverns provide explorers with an entrance to the Nar-Voth level of the Darklands. This cavern is also the nearest entrance to the fey Court of Ether.
- ↑ Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Darkmoon Vale, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-100-8
- ↑ Stephen S. Greer. (2008). Tower of the Last Baron, p. 12-13. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-102-2
- ↑ James Jacobs & Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4