For more information on the political systems of Ustalav, see the article: Ustalav.
Ustalav is split into twelve distinct counties, and while each county is still subservient to the monarch of Ustalav, Prince Aduard Ordranti III, the rulers of the individual counties are allowed a lot of independence. The counties can be split into two types, the Soivoda, which are still run by the noble families appointed millennia ago when Ustalav was first divided, and the Palatinates, which have thrown off the rule of their hereditary noble lords and are now governed by councils of prominent citizens. Finally, there is the county of Virlych. It is not technically a county as it has no government, or for that matter living citizens; it is the shattered remains of two former provinces: Virholt and Grodlych. These were ravaged during the reign of the Whispering Tyrant nearly a millennia ago and have never recovered. A full list of all the counties can be found below:
Full article: Amaans
Full article: Ardeal
- Former home of Ustalav's capital, Ardeal is a land of faded glory, strewn with crumbling mansions and reminders of what has been lost.
Full article: Barstoi
- A land of rocky hills and fields it is actually one of the best run counties despite the attitude of its unfriendly people.
Full article: Caliphas
Full article: Canterwall
- The breadbasket of all Ustalav, Canterwall also has to stand against the marauding orcs of the Hold of Belkzen.
Full article: Lozeri
- Lozeri caters to the wealthy, putting on decadent entertainment organised by the council of well-off citizens that run the county.
Full article: Odranto
- This county has long served as a guard against the savage Kellids of the north and is a land littered with forts and castles, some inhabited some not.
Full article: Sinaria
- A land of cold swamps and ancient woodland, Sinaria is renowned for the city of Karcau that sits on the banks of Lake Prophyria.
Full article: Ulcazar
- Ulcazar lies at the heart of the Hungry Mountains, and is ruled by the head priest (a former count) of the mysterious Monastery of the Veil.
Full article: Varno
- A land of scattered forests and lakes, Varno seems to be affected by fickle weather-patterns that can lead to famine after years of plenty.
Full article: Versex
- Versex is unsuitable for agriculture but rich in mineral wealth and home to many small, insular minor communities in the foothills of the Hungry Mountains.
Full article: Vieland
- A reasonably fertile land, Vieland is dotted by strange, ancient stone monoliths of unknown origins.
Full article: Virlych
- Virlych is the name given to the lifeless, haunted wasteland that surrounds the Whispering Tyrant's prison of Gallowspire.
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 140. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 141. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 142. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1