Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is a work in progress. Sorry for the mess. Currently, several editors are making significant changes to the article, thus you may encounter awkward formatting, contradictory information, or other undesirable elements below. Learn how you can help with the project in the discussion.|
The House of Thrune is an ancient noble house of Cheliax whose adherence to the infernal philosophy of Diabolism long predates the fall of Aroden. Members favored black and gothic designs in dress and felt no compunction to a
After over thirty years of civil war following the death of Aroden in 4606 AR, House Thrune seized the throne of Cheliax by promising a return to glory and stability, although at a heavy price. The Treaty of Egorian was signed on the 19th day of Calistril, 4640 AR, marking the Thrune Ascendancy and commencement of the reign of Queen Abrogail. Loyalty Day is held each year on the anniversary of the signing the treaty to honor the Thrune Ascendancy.
The Thrune Ascendancy brought changes to both Cheliax and its history. Major portions of Cheliax history prior to that time havee been expunged by the agents of House Thrune. New histories are produced every three months and the Order of the Rack have made it their responsibility to ensure that libraries and universities have the most up to date copies, burning the old editions in so called 'clarity pyres'.
The armies of House Thrune are supplemented with the bound denizens of Hell and they remain close allies of the various orders of Hellknights. Nobles from the House of Thrune regularly enter into dark pacts with infernal agents in return for incredible power. Other noble house have followed House Thrune lead in this practice.
Line of Succession Edit
There is no law to limit the line of succession in the ruling House of Thrune and a number of internal factions and clans within the house scheme and maneuver for power seeking to place their chosen candidate upon the throne. As of 4709 AR, the head of House Thrune, and monarch of the empire of Cheliax was Abrogail II, the sixth member of the house to wear the crown since the establishment of their dynasty.
Monarchs of the Thrune Axcendancy Edit
- Abrogail I (ascended throne in 4640 AR, death by regicide)
- Antonius the son of Abrogail I (death by poison)
- Terthule the cousin of Antonius
- Carellia the niece of Terthule (death by drowning)
- Infrexus the cousin of Carellia (death by drowning)
- Abrogail II (current Infernal Magestrix of Cheliax)
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 71. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ James Jacobs, F. Wesley Schneider, Amber Scott, Hank Woon. (2009). Council of Thieves Player's Guide, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 68. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 16. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
|Noble Houses of Cheliax|
Arvanxi • Charthagnion • Dioso • Drovenge • Grulios • Henderthane • Jeggare • Julistarc • Khollarix • Leroung • Mezinas • Napaciza • Oberigo • Phandros • Rosala • Salisfer • Sarini • Thrune • Tilernos