Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Pactmasters stand 7 feet tall, and are covered in layered robes, to hide bodies that seem unnaturally thin. Topping all of this is a mask of gold, silver, or other precious metals and gems. No one can say for certain what the Pactmasters look like under their masks and robes, or even if they look like any other creatures in Golarion. Despite their great height, their form and speech are clearly humanoid.
The Pactmasters took over the city of Katapesh almost a thousand years ago in 3725 AR. Their sudden appearance is widely speculated upon. Some say the Pactmasters marched into the city by night, at the head of an army of soldiers, and crushed the leaders of the various bandit gangs occupying the city. Others say they arrived in airships that terrified the bandits such that they fled into the desert. Strangely, there is no record of this event. Using ruthless tactics over a one-hundred year period, Pactmasters molded Katapesh into a large market country.
Place in GolarionEdit
Currently, the Pactmasters hold council with the masters of Katapesh's guilds each month, acting as dispute arbitrators, judges, and legislators. Punishment dolled out during these meetings can be as easy-going as fines, or as strict as being sent into slavery. While the Pactmasters maintain control over the city of Katapesh, day-to-day business and governance is left to Pactbroker Hashim ibn Sayyid. They also fund the Zephyr Guard, a group of humans that act as the Pactmasters' presences on the city's streets. They work with the aluum constructs when extreme measures are needed.
The Pactmasters scheme and maintain secret operations unknown to the average citizen. They maintain a network of spies, informants, and scrying devices that report events that may upset business. They watch Katapesh's plains, deserts, and towns, but do not interfere with these events directly, prefering to work through proxies. Sometimes their agents may not even know who their patrons truly are. As the pesh trade brings a lot of gold into the city, the Pactmasters are keenly interested in any incidents that may disrupt the harvesting and trade of the drug.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Brian Cortijo et al. (2009). Legacy of Fire Player's Guide, p. 14. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-168-8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Stephen S. Greer & Amber E. Scott. (2009). Dark Markets: A Guide to Katapesh, p. 46. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-166-4
- ↑ Brian Cortijo et al. (2009). Legacy of Fire Player's Guide, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-168-8
- ↑ Brian Cortijo et al. (2009). Legacy of Fire Player's Guide, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-168-8
- ↑ Stephen S. Greer & Amber E. Scott. (2009). Dark Markets: A Guide to Katapesh, p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-166-4