Pathfinder lodges, also known as outposts, are the accommodations build by the Pathfinder Society to house its members, their research, and artifacts found during their explorations.
The basic purpose of the lodge is to provide support for Pathfinder Society members: a place to sleep, a library for research, meeting rooms to converse and plan, and mechanisms to communicate with other lodges.
There is no such thing as a canonical Pathfinder lodge -- it could be a log cabin or a majestic fortress. But the following things must be true to give it true lodge status:
- It can only be founded by a member of the Pathfinder Society.
- The lodge founder must own a minimum of one volume of the Pathfinder Chronicles, to be kept in the lodge.
- The lodge must provide access to texts that specialize in the region in which the lodge resides: geography, flora/fauna, demographics, etc.
- The lodge must honor the requests of any pathfinders seeking aid.
- The lodge must uphold the policy of tolerance and respect to all pathfinders. The lodge is a safehouse for all Society members, regardless of religious beliefs, political persuasion, gender, or race.
- The Grand Lodge of Absalom
- Arcadian Mariner's Lodge, which sails the Arcadian Ocean
- The Cathedral of Aroden in Almas in Andoran
- Delvehaven in Westcrown in Cheliax
- The Gristmill on the edge of the Embeth Forest in the River Kingdoms
- Heidmarch Manor in Magnimar in Varisia
- Nexus House in Quantium in Nex
- Oppara Lodge in Oppara in Taldor
- Sharrowsmith's Exports in Nantambu in the Mwangi Expanse
- Sothis Lodge in Sothis in Osirion
- Starrise Spire in Nerosyan in Mendev
- The Tails in Diobel on the Isle of Kortos, west of Absalom
- Woodsedge Lodge in Woodsedge in Galt
Lodges can also be found in the following locations :-
- Hajoth Hakados
- Castle Urion