|Size||Absalom city district|
|Government||conventional (district council)|
Source: Guide to Absalom
What is now known as the Puddles district of Absalom was greatly affected, like much of the city, by a massive earthquake in 4698 AR. It caused this district to drop enough so that it was below sea level at high tide, since which time ongoing flooding and erosion have plagued the area. Unsurprisingly, most of the district's inhabitants who could leave the area have done so, leaving behind addicts, criminals, and the poor to fend for themselves in an environment as derelict as their squalid lives. Misfortune and destitution aren't the only reasons someone might live in the Puddles, though. The inhospitable environment and lack of public funds means less attention from the city watch, making the district the perfect hunting ground for those wishing to prey on the weak and an ideal breeding ground for thieves guilds, more than a handful of which operate out of the waterlogged quarter.
Places of InterestEdit
- Metro-Cathedral: A largely-abandoned temple of Abadar known for its truly enormous pipe organ.
- Siphons: A series of dangerously flooded tunnels which run below this district.
- The Soggy Piper: A somewhat disreputable bar, even by Puddles standards.
- Torsen's Maw: A short cliff overlooking the ocean.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 55. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Michael Kortes. (2008). Silent Tide, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ Michael Kortes. (2008). Silent Tide, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ Michael Kortes. (2008). Silent Tide, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ Michael Kortes. (2008). Silent Tide, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC.