Source: Stolen Land, pg(s). 86-87
Thylacines are wolf- or hyena-like marsupial carnivores. Feral and untameable, thylacines can be vicious predators.
Though similar in appearance to dogs or wolves, a thylacine is much more slenderly built, with a long, stiff tail and powerful jaws. The oddly-shaped legs of a thylacine are ill-suited to running, but allow the creatures to stand on their haunches for short periods of time, as well as conferring some jumping ability. Thylacines typically have between 13 and 21 dark stripes on their backs that stand out from their usually golden-colored pelts.
- Brush thylacine
- This generally larger, more powerful, breed of thylacine resides in more wooded environments than its smaller kin.
- Blood cougar
- More powerful than the ordinary hill thylacine, these red-pelted marsupials are native to Tian Xia. More easily domesticated than their western relatives, they are are often kept as pets by powerful leaders of the Tian-La.
- Casmar thylacine
- in Casmaron, thylacines only grow as large as the juveniles of the ordinary hills thylacine. However, they form much larger packs.
- Sarusan wolf
- Rather than the somewhat feline appearance of many other thylacines, the Sarusan wolf has an unmistakably wolfish maw. Although they have less stamina than other thylacines, they have a more wicked bite.
- Wikipedia:Thylacine (real-world animal)